Home » Remanufactured Engines » Chevy Performance Engines »
Small Journal Chevy Performance Engines
Perfect for a Restoration Project, Classic Car, and Street Rod
Chevy 265: 1955-1967
Chevy 283: 1957-1967
Chevy 327: 1962-1969
5 Year – 50,000 Mile Warranty
Price: call for quote
The early small journal Chevys can all be replaced by a later large journal FRS roller
Block, with most any cylinder head/camshaft package we offer.
For increased power, a cam upgrade and raising the compression ratio is possible.
We have cores for most of the early versions of the SBC (Small Block Chevy), if you require a specific casting number we can remanufacture your engine, possible without surfacing off the factory serial numbers if requested.
- Cylinders Diamond Honed and Plateau Finished
- Align Hone Main Line
- Cylinder heads baked, blasted, magnifluxed, pressure tested, hardned exhaust seats installed, new valves and a 3 angle valve job
- Melling Performance Timing
- Fel-Pro Performance Gaskets
- Melling Oil Pump, Screen, and Drive
- Any tin combination or paint colors needed for your project
- We recommend converting the “canister” style oil filter to the common “spin on” style, we can provide the parts and install them, the block does not need to be modified
Contact us directly at 1-800-551-1685 to purchase this engine, for available options, or if you have additional questions. And use our contact form anytime during and after our hours of operation and we will get back to you as soon as possible.